Monday, August 31, 2015

My Juice Fast: Day One

That's right...I'm doing a juice fast.  Why?  Well, the last 2 years I've been going through a lot with my overall health....A back injury, knee injury, multiple upper respiratory infections, insane allergies and asthma issues.  My hubby and I watched the documentary Fat, Sick and Nearly Dead and I was just amazed about how to cleanse really helped their overall health & wellness.  I'm willing to try anything once if it would re-energize me, keep me from seeing my Dr so often and not make me feel like the sickly person in my office. 

So here goes nothing....5 day of nothing but juice, water or all natural tea.  How did we prepare?  Well on Saturday the hubs and I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got a Breville Juicer:

Then when we woke up the morning of Day 1 we went to the grocery store and stocked up on all the fruits and veggies we needed.  Plus, we picked up a cool citrus peeler for the oranges, lemons and limes.

NOTE: Plan ahead and grocery shop the night before....we were pretty hungry by the time we shopped, went back home and then figured out how to use the juicer for the first time.  I'm a "dive in head first" kind of person when I want to start something new, so learn from my little mistake- Plan ahead y'all! :-)

Our first juice included all of this yummy goodness:

This wasn't my fav juice of the day and tasted a little too leafy, but it was ok and totally drinkable.  I was affraid the juice was going to be something I would hate and have to choke down....luckily, it wasn't. Thank goodness!!

After we had our first juice, I had lots of energy so I cleaned up around the house a bit while chugging down tons of water, did some laundry and then watched a little Netflix.  Then 2 hrs later it was time for our next this one was yummy!!

I really liked the flavor and shockingly the juices were keeping me full.  After chugging that down, I went back to sipping on water and 

Then I headed out to run errands.  I had to go shop for my styling clients and pick up a few more things at the store (Green tea, coconut water, and mason jars) so I took some water with me.  I shopped for about 2hrs, so it was time for my next juice, but I still had to swing by the store.  

I just couldn't resist picking up that 99cent Selfie tee when I was thrifting for my clients...It was so cute!!  By the time I did ran all my errands, drove home and unloaded the car, it had been about 3hrs since my last juice.  I was super hungry so I made another juice asap.

After the third juice my tummy called down & by this time it was about 3:30pm.  I rested on the couch (because my knee was aching) and drank water while watching Netflix with the hubby.  We've been on an Office rerun kick lately. <<-- font="" hilarious="" it="" nbsp="" s="">

Then I prepped all our juices for Monday, which surprisingly didn't take to long.  I kind of have a juicing rhythm going now...juice, rinse repeat! haha

Around 6pm we had our 4th and final juice for the day, this one was NASTY!!!  It was mainly beets, sweet potato, carrots, some fruit and a little root. It was oddly spicy and had an intense kick to it.  NEVER drinking that one again, but I drank it all and then quickly enjoyed lots of water to get that awful taste away. 

I went to bed around 8:30pm, which was a bit early, but I slept soooo good and went right to sleep.  I ussually have to watch a few vlogs before going to sleep to relax and calm my mind, but not on this juice cleanse.  My mind was clear and I was out like a light.

Day One was a success!! :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment