Found this little gem in a cookbook recently and have to share it with y'all!!! It was a mug cake cookbook and I totally didn't need all those sweet treats in my life, but this one has a bit of a healthy spin, so I made it for the hubs and I to share last night. Since we shared, it was only about 100 calories for each of us. Not too shabby ;-) Check it out:
This picture doesn't do it justice....it was DELICIOUS!!!!
Let me know if you decide to give it a try!! :-) ~Kendra~
The hubs and I are officially on Week 3 of P90 and I am still loving it!!! Iam def able to do more than I was on Day One, but it's still challenging, which I love. Check out a few of our workouts so far this week:
This morning we even skipped ahead and tried out Sculpt B...we just couldn't wait to see what it'd be like:
What workout are you doing right now? If you want some accountability and support as you go through your program, Add me on Facebook and message me. I have a challenge group that JUST started pre-season and doesn't officially kick off till Monday so it's the PERFECT time to join in. :-)
I have been getting tons of questions lately about healthy eating, meal plans and meal ideas in general, so I found a great meal plan along with some dinner recipes to share with you. Check it out:
Here are all the dinner recipes:
Eating healthy doesn’t have to be complicated or boring! Here are 30 easy-to-prep snacks ideas and BONUS-->> They are each under 100 calories!! Gotta love that. ;-)
1. Mini tostada Spread 1/4 cup of nonfat refried beans on a small tortilla. Top with shredded lettuce, diced tomato, and a sprinkle of your favorite cheese. 2. Frozen grapes Freeze 1 cup of grapes and enjoy them as if they’re sorbet. 3. Greek yogurt with honey Mix one teaspoon of honey into half a cup of plain, nonfat Greek yogurt. 4. Cinnamon apple Sprinkle an apple with cinnamon for a treat that tastes more decadent than it is. 5. Strawberries and chocolate Dip 4 or 5 (depending on their size) strawberries into 2 squares or melted dark chocolate. 6. Almost apple pie Try 1 cup of unsweetened applesauce with a hint of cinnamon. 7. Carrots with hummus Crunch on 9 or 10 baby carrots with a side of 2 tablespoons of hummus. 8. Nuts Eat a handful of 25 pistachios, 14 almonds, or 16 peanuts makes for a nice “good” fat and protein snack. 9. Bitter chocolate Enjoy 1 large block or 3 small squares of dark chocolate. 10. Kale Chips Make your own kale chips for a fraction of the price with this recipe. 11. Bell peppers with balsamic vinegar Drizzle 2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar on top of 2 cups of sliced bell peppers. 12. Chocolate banana Dip one-half of a banana into 2 squares of melted dark chocolate. 13. Sweet potato Enjoy one small baked sweet potato plain or with a pinch of salt. 14. Popcorn Munch on 2 cups of air popped popcorn. 15. Peanut butter Even on its own, peanut (or almond) butter makes for a treat full of good fats. 16. Cottage cheese and melon Combine three-quarters of a cup of melon with one-quarter cup of nonfat cottage cheese for a sweet dessert. 17. Shakeology Mix one-half serving of your favorite flavor of Shakeology with water. 18. Shrimp cocktail Dip eight medium-sized cooked, peeled shrimp in 2 Tbsp. all-natural cocktail sauce. 19. Mediterranean rice cake Spread 1 Tbsp. of hummus on a whole grain rice cake. Top with two cucumber slices. 20. Roasted red pepper Wasa cracker Spread 2 Tbsp. hummus on a whole-grain Wasa cracker. Top with one jarred roasted red pepper, sliced. 21. Avocado cracker Mash 1/4 avocado with a squeeze of lime. Spread on a Wasa cracker and top with a pinch of espelette pepper or smoked paprika. 22. Frozen nutty banana Roll half a peeled banana in one Tbsp. chopped peanuts, pressing so that nuts stick to the banana. Freeze. Enjoy! 23. Baked Apple Chips Bake your own apple chips and you can enjoy them with much less sugar. Here’s the recipe. 24. Cheese and cracker Top one Wasa cracker with slices of 1 piece of string cheese 25. Italian cucumbers Cut up 2 cucumbers and enjoy them with a drizzle of balsamic vinegar 26. After school snack Cut up 4 celery stalks and dip them in 1 tbsp. almond butter. 27. Turkey tartine Top one slice whole grain bread with 2 slices deli turkey and 1 tsp. mustard. 28. PB + J Top one Wasa cracker with 2 tsp. nut butter and 3 sliced strawberries. 29. Monkey snack Cut up one half of a banana and dip it in 2 tsp. nut butter and then 1 tbsp. granola. 30. Easy avocado Mash up one half of an avocado and mix it with 1 tsp. balsamic vinegar.
Rebecca Swanner & Kirsten Morningstar over at Team Beachbody came up with this awesome list (plus a few more)!!
So....what's your FAV healthy snack? Share in the comments!! ~Kendra~
The hubs and I are LOVING P90!!! As of this morning we started Week 2 and I'm down albs ALREADY :-) We have stuck to the meal plan 100%. Our birthdays are both this week so I'm sure there will be a little splurging, but I'm going to do my best to stay on track most of the time!
So on to the progress photos...... ((BTW I took them the beginning pics on 1/24 when I initially planned to start, but the hubs and I didn't really kick it off till 2/1/15)
Here's a side by side of the front view:
Here's the side view:
Here's the back view:
Here are all the current progress pics:
This program is a GAME CHANGER for me!!! I love the meal plan, the workouts aren't to tough on my back and the hubs loves it too....Perfection!! :-) I can't wait to see where I'm at on Day 90!
I feel like opening up a bit more on this little 'ole blog....I want to share who I truly am with all of you!! When thinking of how to get started with my possible over sharing, I thought about one of my favorite things....A LIST. Yes, I'm that person that makes a list for EVERYTHING. Yes, I may or may not make lists of things I need to make lists for...it's a problem. haha So on to the weirdness-->> Today, I want to share a list of things that make me unqiuely me....things that make me my weird self. Let's be honest, being weird is fun....who wants to be plain and boring?! #BeWeird On to the list:
1. I am OBSESSED with my 2 puppies...not just a little, like A LOT. My hubs and I have 2 pups, Zoey, an 8yr old Shihtzu and Noah, a Dorkie who's less than a yr old.
2. I absolutely HATE doing the dishes, so my hubby does them, but I'm picky about where they go so I put them up once they're clean. HAHA Hey, it works for us. ;-)
3. I LOVE listening to audio books and can seriously finish ONE in a day, but paper books will take me weeks.
4. My best friend lives in PA and I live in Texas...we've only met one time in person, but we're kindred spirits thanks to being on the same team within Beachbody. We have weekly video chats and I will even be in her wedding this November. #ThanksBeachbody #ItsLikeASorority
((Plus we're even hosting a BFF Health and Fitness Challenge Group soon....Yay!!))
5. I'm addicted to thrift shopping and clearance. Buying clothes & accessories full price is no fun at all to me. I seriously think that even if I were a millionare, I'd still make a beeline for the clearance rack in every store. I just love the hunt!! hehe
6. My family is super unique. My mom has multiple sclerosis & my brother has Downsyndrome. It made for a pretty interesting childhood...so thankful for them and how much they tought me about embracing who I am!!
(My little bro, nieces and my aunt are pictured with me here)
7. My husband and I have an online Bible reading ministry called Simple Ministry where we're reading the Bible in one year. Want to join in? Click HERE!!! We'd love to have you as part of the group!
8. I probably take waaaay to many selfies, but hey, they're fun....right??!!
So there's 8 things you may not have known about me before today. Wanna see more of get connect with me elshwere, check these out:
I am LOVING the P90 meal plan. You start by using the super-simple calorie target calculator to find the calorie range you should be sticking to every day. Then the nutrition guide provides a bunch of recipes and snacks along with the corresponding calories for each meal. All you have to do is choose the meals and snacks you like that fall within your calorie range and BAM…you have your meal plan for the week!
I’m changing it up a bit each day, but here’s what I ate on Sunday so you can see what a day of the P90 meal plan looks like:
Breakfast- Chocolate Shakeology & pineapple Snack- 100 calorie pack of Almonds Lunch- Egg Salad Wrap (Not pictured-Whole Wheat Tortilla) Snack- Popcorn Snack- Asparagus Spears dipped in Hummus Dinner- We had breakfast for dinner: Spinach and goat cheese omelet with toast & jelly
Remember, your eating account for 80% of your results….so cleaning up your eating habits will make a HUGE difference!!! ;-)
Who has a goal of eating healthy in 2015? If you're struggle or just need some more meal ideas, I'll be hosting a FREE 7 day clean eating challenge on Feb. 9th. Comment below or message me on Facebook if you'd like to join in!!
So I started P90 in the middle of the week last week and I kept telling my hubby how much I like it, so he decided to join in too. So I started over from the begining on Sunday (Hey, I was only a week or so in, so no biggie) haha.
Anyways, so as of Sunday, we officially started our 90 day P90 journey....plus, we're also following the P90 Meal Plan. I'm really excited about the meals. ((I'll be sharing all about the meal plan VERY soon, so check back.)) They are so yummy!! Just have to remember to leave the peppers out of my hubbys meals....opps! He hates those things.
So here's a little recap of the workouts I've done so far....
We're following the Sculpt Schedule, so we started off with Sculpt A. I love how they always show a modified version and show how to use weights or bands. I'm not a band fan, so I go for weights whenever it's an option! ;-) I loved all the exercise and whew....my arms and legs sure do burn after that one!!!
We've also done Sweat A & Ab Ripper. Sweat A is really fun, because it contains a ton of MMA style moves...punches, elbows and even a knee move. My arms were seriously on FIRE after sweat....and THEN came Ab Ripper. Gosh, I am soooo glad it's only 8 minutes, because that's the a pretty intense, tummy burning 8 minutes!!! lol
With my back injuries last year, I hadn't done much ab work so this was a tough challenge, but I loved it and it also had modifications when I needed it....gotta love that!!