Sunday, May 1, 2011

Team In Training

So.....I have talked about running, races, exercising and fitness alot on my blog.  I even told you all about the 5K I did a few weeks back.  Well, guess what....  I have something even bigger up my sleeve.  I have offically signed up as a member of Team In Training, which is a team of people who run, walk, bike or swim in races to raise money for the Luekemia and Lyphoma Society.  I am going to participate in the Nike Women's Marathon (I'm doing the 1/2 marathon) in San Francisco, California on Oct. 16, 2011.  My goal is to raise anywhere from $2,400 to $3,200.  I have a ton of ideas and I even plan to do a big giveaway on this blog related to the event, so watch out for that.  I will beginning training with my team mid-May.  We will team train every Saturday morning and we will also have our own training schedules during the week.  I am super pumped to raise money for this awesome cause and so excited to stay motivated to reach my fitness and weightloss goals as well.

My grandpa passed away from cancer when I was a freshman in college, so I will be running in honor of him.  He was an amazing man and I miss him soooo much!!  Please support me and The Leukimia and Lymphoma Society by making a donation.  It's as easy as clicking the donation box in the side bar.  Every dollar makes a difference!  Thanks!!!  ~Kendra~

No comments:

Post a Comment