Sunday, May 15, 2011

SFC Week 7

What have you done this past week to help achieve your goals?
  • Well, this past week I bought 2lb weights, so that I can do light weight training to tone my arms more.  I also bought tons of veggies at the grocery store and have even precooked all my lunched for work this week. :)  I cooked them all this afternoon and I am excited to say there all full of veggies and a bit of protein.  I felt like the last week or so I haven't been getting enough veggies, which may be why my weight loss seemed so slow last week.  Hopefully this will help! :) This journey is all about trying it out and adjusting as you go along to find the right food for your body.
What did you do this past week to make you feel good about yourself?
  • I went shopping with my mom and got a few shirts in smaller sizes.  I also went back to my hometown for my brothers prom and felt confident and proud of myself....instead of nervous about possibly running into old acquaintances. :)
When you go away on vacation or business do your goals get put on hold/pause or do you continue to work on them while away?
  • I went on a weekend vaca this weekend, so this is definately fresh on my mind.  So far in my journey, which with my little brother having so many senior things going on lately means I'm traveling home alot, I have had to continue whil away.  I am really glad I have, because like I've said before, this isn't a diet for me....it's a lifestyle change...and I plan to stick to it for the long haul!
Do you have friends/family members that you work on a goal(s) with? Do you find working towards a goal with someone easier or more challenging?
  • I definately have people I work on goals with....my boyfriend is starting to eat healthy with me, so it's nice to talk about what foods good and what may not be so good come weigh-in time. hehe Also, my mom tells me about her workouts....she rides the stationary bike at least 30mins a day and does lots of arm exercies as well....I talk to her about everything from my weigh in to calories. :)  I think it's much easier when you have others to encourage and motivate you!!
Fun Question: What is your favourite magazine to read?
  • I have several favs:  Shape, US Weekly, Style Watch and Cosmo :)  I love magazines....expecially celeb gossip!!!
PS:  Wanted to leave you with this updated pic of me (And my little brother, Justin, who went to Prom this wknd)  When I was home this weekend, I got tons of positive comments about my weight loss :)  Yay!!!

Thanks!  ~Kendra~

1 comment:

  1. Your brother is so cute in his tux!

    Good luck this week!

    ReplyDelete