Tuesday, June 9, 2015

21 Day Fix Extreme: Week One In Review

I can’t believe my hubby and I are already DONE with Week One of the 21 Day Fix Extreme!!! I thought I'd go ahead and share what I'm eating, what I'm doing, how I feel and what it was like to complete the first week.

The 21 Day Fix Extreme is a follow-up workout to the 21 Day Fix....it's great for people who have already completed the 21DF and want a new challenge.

In the last 7 days, we haven’t missed a workout, we haven’t cheated, we’ve followed the program precisely. So here’s what’s happening:

The Workouts:

 
The workouts in the 21 Day Fix Extreme are definitely more extreme than the normal 21 Day Fix.  They're intense and laser focused on toning tight muscles. The program includes 7 different 30-minute workouts ((one for each day of the week)). The workouts target every single muscle in your body and you WILL feel it when your done!!! ;-)  But hey....I'd rather be sore, than sorry!!

The Nutrition:



There are a couple different ways you can organize the 21 Day Fix Extreme nutrition plan. You may opt to do the “extreme plan”, the “countdown to competition plan” or a combination. Both plans offer portion control and focused nutrition for their duration for serious results.

I decided to follow the countdown to competition plan so I'm alternating 2 days of the countdown to competition plan (lower calories) followed by one day of the regular extreme plan throughout the  program. My meals are spaced out into 2 hours increments...yes, sometimes eating every 2 hours is tough with anyone's schedule, but I did the best I could to stay on schedule!

I drank Shakeology every day and it's really helped me start my days off on the right foot! It makes me feel refueled after my workouts and kicks my craving for every chocolate thing under the sun....especially oreos-->>those are my weakness!! It feels more like a dessert than something that includes all that great, dense nutrition. Remember, the 21 Day Fix and 21 Day Fix Extreme Challenge Packs both come with Shakeology.

Week One Results:

I completly forgot to take measurements since I was out of town when Week 1 ended, BUT I did weigh and lost about 3lbs...WOOHOO!!! I'm so excited to see the scale moving, because it has inched up a couple pounds and then stayed there for quiet a while.  I am 15lbs from my ULTIMATE weight goal.....but I will say, my weight is MUCH less important than how I feel, body measurements and picture progress.  Photos tell so much more than just the number on the scale....so take those before and after pics....no matter how embarassing they seem in the beginning! ;-)



My hubby and I had gotten into the habit of eating out for dinner way more than we stayed home. Thankfully, this is helping us real it in....we're def not perfect yet, but we didn't eat out nearly as much during Week One as we had been.  ((Progress...not perfection!))
 
The first couple days of this extreme workouts and nutrition program rammed us right into a brick wall. The color coded containers are portion controlled and they help measure the correct serving sizes for everyone's specific nutrition needs. ((What you need varies based on your weight and lifestyle)) The success with this program (and any fitness program, really) comes from balanced, clean eating, nutrition in the proper portion sizes.
 
During this first week, I had to reel in my desire for Chic-fil-A and re-learn what healthy portions really are for me. Now, it wasn't easy....but I sure felt proud of myself. I'm only 1 week into this program and it's already reinforcing the good habits I know....but somehow forgot to follow for a bit.
 
Have you tried 21DFX? Want more info? Comment below and we can chat!!
~Kendra~

No comments:

Post a Comment