Tuesday, October 7, 2014

My Weight Loss Journey-It's a Process

Since my weight loss journey started I've lost over 60lbs. I did it by simply stuck to clean eating and exercising regularly using Beachbody programs like P90X, The 21 Day Fix, PiYo along with a little zumba, running and other varieties of exercise. Overall I wanted to change my lifestyle to make sure this change would become a permanent one....not just a fad or phase.  I've was overweight for as long as I can remember....back as far as 5th grade.

Oddly enough, there was no big moment, huge breakthrough or horrible event, that made me FINALLY make the decision to do something about my weight.  In March of 2011, I simply decided...I'm doing this....I'm going to start exercising and tracking everything I eat so that's just what I did.   For me personally, the main thing that prompted my desire to change my life was my feeling of insecurities and my yearning for something more out of life. I wanted so badly to break out of my shell and be the me that I knew God called me to be...so in 2011 I took the steps that have helped me to change my lifestyle.

Looking at a photos of myself when I was at my heaviest weight oddly helped motivate me. This has continued throughout my journey as I can now compare old pictures to updated pics side by side and see just how far I've come....it def keeps me motivated to keep putting in the hard work!  Having a before picture and continuing to take progress pics of yourself along the way can really allow you to see exactly how much you've changed....it's motivating, empowering and just makes you feel proud of yourself.  

Another thing that has really helped me is having a group of like-minded ladies to lose weight with. We keep each other accountable, share meal plans and ideas, encourage each other, and push each other to achieve our goals.  If being part of a group like this sounds like something that would motivated you, we'd love to have you join in our private Facebook health and fitness challenge group.  CLICK HERE to get all signed up OR you can add me on Facebook and shoot me a message. ;-)

REMEMBER this is a journey and a process, it’s going to take time and that's ok. Focus on being healthy instead of just on the scale. You may not see results right away, but if you keep working everyday those results will surely come in time.  If I can do it, I KNOW you can too!!!  :-D  ~Kendra~

No comments:

Post a Comment