Saturday, October 11, 2014

Just 24 Hours in a Day

Do you ever look at successful people and just assume their road to success must've been easy?  Or see someone skinny at the mall and assume she can eat whatever she wants and somehow stay that way?  Guess what, we all have our own journeys and just because we may perceive perfection in other at first glance, there's generally a lot more hard work going on behind the scenes than we realize.  Success takes work, plain and simple!  Fitting workouts in to a busy schedule is tough, but if it's truly important to you, you'll find a way. 


Here's how I fit in my 2-a-day workouts: 

Monday-Friday (Thursday's my rest day): I wake up at 4:45am and take Noah (our Dorkie puppy) outside to eat, then I go get Zoey (our shihtzu) out of bed and feed her inside.  Then I gather us my workout stuff and some water and head outside to start my workout.  Mid way through I press pause whenever Zoey's done eating so she can get some outside time too. 


After that it's a full day of work.  After work, I come home and the hubs and I have dinner.  Then I spend 30mins to an hour hanging out with him relaxing and watching TV. Then, I set out our food and clothes for the next day.  I generally get my workout in around 6:30 or 7pm. Then, I shower and get ready for bed.  I'm in bed by 9:30pm most days so I will make sure and hear my early alarm. 



Weekends: On the weekends, my workouts are a little less planned.  My morning workouts are pretty much the same as weekdays, because Noah's so little that he generally wakes up at the same time ready to eat and go outside.   

My evening/afternoon workouts are more go with the flow.  I schedule them based on what plans we have.  If I know we're going out with friends or to a movie, I get my workout in during the early afternoon.  If we don't have plans that night, I wait till 7pm or so to workout, but no matter what I make sure to have a plan for the day. 


Remember, we all have the same 24 hours in the day.  How will you use your to get you closer to your goals?  ~Kendra~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment