Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Post Back Injury: Getting BACK in the game!

For most of us, a back injury means skipping daily workouts for months at a time. ((Yes, that was me.) Sometimes, people retire their workout clothes for good. (NO WAY.....That's so NOT me!)

I am on the road to recovery after over 6 months of 'taking it slow' and chiropractic treatments, my back is on the mend and now it's time for me to share this new journey with you. 


First, I want to fill y'all in on what happened to my back.  My husband and I went to Maine in Late May 2014 and while we were there my back started hurting.  When we got back home the pain became so bad that it hurt to stand, sit....basically any type of movement.  I honestly thought I might have appendicitis.  One night the pain was so bad, I was hunched over crying so my husband took me to the urgent care.  They did tons of tests and confirmed that nothing was wrong with my appendix, so the next day I went to see a chiropractor to check my back.

The chiropractor found that my neck was tilted forward, I had slight scoliosis in the middle of my back and the vertibrae at the tail of my spine were compressed.  Apparently, these issues had been there a while, but just hadn't caused me any pain till then. 

I started with 3 chiropractic visits a week and worked it all the way down to 1 and then he cleared me to start exercsiging.  Here's where I messed up....I started off waaaay to strong.  I did double workouts, I didn't rest enough and I just didn't listen to my body.  I pushed too hard! 

The strain caused me to pinch my ciatic nerve in my lower back....and goodness, that was the MOST pain I have ever experienced.  I am still going to the chiropractor regularly, but my back is doing MUCH better.  I'm honestly thankful for this experience, because it's humbled me, helped me to listen to my body and also gave me a HUGE appreciation for the body and life that I have.  Back pain and injuries are no joke....if you have back pain, get it checked!! 

I wanted to share all of that with you all, not to whine, but so that you can see where I'm coming from and hopefully learn from my failures and mistakes.  So now, I'm asking you to come along with me on a new journey.  On Monday, I started my first round of the 21 Day Fix post back injury.  I will be following the modifier during this round and I would love to have YOU join me over these next 21 days.


So what’s holding you back? Is it an injury? Chronic back pain? A busy lifestyle? Long work hours?

Guess what.....You can STILL get healthy and work towards your goals.

I know because, like I shared above, I’ve been there.  I also know because every day I get to help people who many be in the same situation through health and fitness challenge groups along with my FREE FB Fit Club.


Keep in mind, many of these guys have serious health or time limitations when they start the program. And they’ve considered giving up too.

If this story resonates with you, CLICK HERE to RSVP to our next Health & Fitness Challenge Group that will be kicking off January 19th.   

But whether you choose Team Bombshell Evolution or not isn’t important. What’s important is that you work towards your goals and DON'T give up!!

Remember, the difference between where you are today, and where you’ll be by the end of 2015, is the quality of the coaching, the mentorship, and the support you get along the way. Trust me, it makes a HUGE difference.

So my question to you is: Are ready to get started?

Want daily support and encouragement from a Beachbody coach?

If you’d like guidance along the waym, I’d be glad to work with you. In fact, I’m opening my next challenge group for new customers looking for the same thing.

So, if you're ready to get started, CLICK HERE to RSVP to our next Health & Fitness Challenge Group that will be kicking off January 19th.   

Also, I would love to hear your story!!!  Have you every had an injury and had to reacclimate to a workout routine?  How did it go?  Share below! :-D   ~Kendra~

No comments:

Post a Comment