Friday, December 11, 2015

Taking A Spin At The Spiral Diner


Spiral Diner and Bakery is a 100% vegan and mostly organic restaurant with locations in both Ft. Worth and Dallas.  This Sunday, while my hubs and I were in Dallas already, we decided to give it a whirl.....Ok, ok, I decided and he went along for the ride.  His little steak and potato loving heart was probably squirming the whole time. 

As soon as I walked in, I knew this place was going to be amazing....from the vintage diner vibe to the Seinfeld Fetivus related specials, it was spot on ADORABLE and made my little vegan heart flutter.  So wishing they had a Lewisville location, because I'd be there weekly!!


They even had a gallery wall with pictures of all of their employees...love that!


The bright colors and throw-back decor matched the laid-back atmosphere perfectly.  It was evident that people love it by the constant flow of people in and out as we slowly savored our meals....Ok, maybe that we just me...lol  My carnivore hubby isn't much of a vegan food fan, but 


For lunch, I had a delicious bacon ranch burger, check out the description:



Since I don't visit full on vegan restaurants often, I decided to go all-in and chow down on one of their desserts & oh my goodness, the Turtle Brownie Sundae did NOT disappoint!!! 



My lunch was awesome enough, but that brownie sundae....Oh my goodness, I don't like I have sighed from satisfaction that many times during one meal in my whole life. HAHA  It was completly delicious and WAAAAY too much goodness for one person.  I totally took the extra home for an after dinner dessert.  No way was I just leaving it there!! lol

The hubs even got me a vegan dark chocolate almond bar for a special treat throughout the week.  Before going vegan, I would stuff chocolate in my face like a woman on fire....but now that I am eating more intuitively, I can make 1 bar of chocolate last about a week. Now that's pretty amazing in itself. ;-)

Have you ever been to a full-on vegan restaurant?  Which one?  How was it?
Share all the details below...you know I'd love to check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment