Wednesday, December 9, 2015

Getting Back In The Workout Game After a Sick Day

Last week was a little rough, if I wasn't at work hacking up a lung then I was hopped up on cough medicine while falling asleep to the sounds of the Real Housewives of Atlanta brawling on a boat.  I got a few 5-15min yoga stretching sessions in, because my back was sore, but that's about it.

This week I am feeling MUCH better so I wanted to share how I get back into the routine after having to take a break, because well, we all get sick once in a while. 


My fav. way to get back into the routine is with a day (or a few days) of light yoga & stretching....I love P90X3's 30 minute workout routine.  It moves quickly from pose to pose, but not so fast that you can't keep up.  It's a great way to gently nudge your body in the right direction.

Once my body feels ready to ramp it up, I get back to my normal workout routine, but give myself some serious grace and go into the first few workouts with the mindset that it's ok not to go full-out.  I'd rather ease in slowly, then go to hard to soon and feel sick again or get injured.  


Some of my girlfriends try to tough it out and exercise even when they're sick, but honestly, I think it's best to really listen to your body and soak in the rest when your body needs it.  Taking a sick day doesn't mean your lazy....it means you take care of your health.  ;-)

I'd love to hear from you-->>  What to you do to help you get back into a routine after being sick?

No comments:

Post a Comment