Thursday, October 8, 2015

Vegan Approved Veggie Spring Rolls with Peanut Sauce

Honestly, I've been swooning over #VeganFoodShare on Instagram...it's incredible and one of the meals I was always drawn to, because the presentation was awesome and it just looked so delish.....yup, you guessed it, Veggie Spring Rolls.




I found this sauce recipe on the back of the Rice Paper package and thought I'd give it a try with ingredients I already had at home.  Here's their version:


Here's my version perfect for a just one or two servings:

Ingredients:
-1tbsp of peanut butter
-A few Tbsps of water
-2tbsp of soy sauce
-A few sprinkles of ginger seasoning
-A few sprinkles of garlic powder

Directions:
-Add all the ingredients into a small bowl.
-Stir vigorously until the mixture is combined 
(AKA I was too lazy to get out my food processor, let's be real. HAHA)

Once you've made your sauce you can set it aside in the fridge while preparing your rolls.  Here's how I made my Spring Rolls:

Ingredients:
-1 small carrot
-1 small zucchini
-1/4 a bag of broccoli slaw (I got this kind from WalMart)
-a handful of Spinach leaves
-A small handful of parsley
-3 pieces of Rice Paper
-2 extra plates

Directions:
-Begin my thinly slicing the carrot and zucchini.  
You won't need a lot.  Just a few pieces for each roll.
-Put a plate on the counter and pour and 1/4 a cup of water onto the plate.
-Put the rice paper in the plate and let it sit for one minute 
-Once it's soaked, lay it on a dry plate.
-Fill the roll with a little of each of the veggies (carrot, zucchini, broccoli slaw, spinach and parsley)
-Fold the paper together in the middle like a burrito to seal it.
-Repeat to make 2 additional rolls.

I piled on my leftover veggies for a side salad and also dipped that in the sauce too...yummy!!! This recipe is super simple and tastes just like you're dinning out at an Asian food restaurant!  Hope you take some time to try it out too.  

So are there any specific types of recipes you'd like me to try and share?  Let me know in the comments. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment