Friday, October 2, 2015

Super Simple Vegan Soup



I started making vegan meals this week and since I'm still juicing a ton, I wanted to make a big batch of soup that would last throughout the whole week, well, Tuesday through Friday.  I googled and found tons of recipes, took ideas from each and then just took tons of stuff from the fridge and added it all together.  And it turned out GREAT:


Although I planned to eat the same soup each day I didn't want it to have the same exact flavor so I only lightly seasoned the large pot of soup.  Then I sectioned soup out into 1 and 1/2 cup portions and added in additional seasonings individually so each day I had a little flavor variety. 


I also topped off each container of soup with 1/2 an avocado. That extra little addition made an AMAZING difference....totally recommend it.  I didn't do it on Tuesday, but I've done it every day since and mmm...so good!!

If you're finishing the Reboot or any type of cleanse really, this soup is a great way to slowly introduce whole foods back into your routine without being to rough on your digestive system. (Trust me, you'll thank me later.)  If you rush back to old foods and habits too quickly, your system will go nuts and you will loose the GREAT feelings of healthiness and lightness you gained from the Reboot.

So let's get to the recipe....

Ingredients:
-1  and 1/2 cups of Organic Vegetable Broth
-5 cups of water
-1 sliced carrot
-1 large zuchini, sliced
-2 celery stalks, sliced
-1/2 an onion, sliced
-3 small tomatoes, sliced
-1 large Kale leaf
-1 cup of Spinach
-Ground pepper
-Sea Salt
-Paprika
-juice from 1 lemon

(Optional)
Avocado for topping
Additional seasonings

Directions:
-Use a large pot and fill it with all the sliced veggies
-Add in the water and vegetable broth
-Season the soup with salt, pepper, paprika and lemon
-Turn the stove top heat on medium and let it cook for 45mins 
(You can leave it on longer to make the veggies softer if you'd like)

This makes a large batch of soup that yelds 4 to 5 1 and 1/2 cup servings.  

To make my soup taste a little different each day, I simply put it in a Tupperware container the night before and added additional seasonings of my choice.   You can also change it up by adding toppings like avocado, a dollop of plain vegan yogurt or nutritional yeast.

On you could even serve it over a bed of rice....there's so many ways to change up this soup to keep lunches or dinners interesting all week. 

Now eat up & enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment