Wednesday, September 16, 2015

My Juice Fast: Day Seventeen

Good morning y'all!  AHHHH after my workout this morning, I hoped on the scale and BOOM I am back and at the lowest weight I've been in about 3 or 4 years.  I had pretty much hovered at 135lbs since the end of 2012 and I had steadily maintained it until we bought a house and started eating out more than eating in. I got up to 150lbs in August 2015 and I was terrified of going backwards...Plus, I felt awful, fluffy, tired all the time, getting chronic upper respiratory infections, I was deficient in Vitamin D and my allergies were off the charts. By August, I even struggled to stay a wake at home past 7:30pm. 

I was in a health slump and my eating wasn't doing me any favors....yes, I was working out daily, sometimes twice a day, but no amount of working out could change my body if I didn't change what I ate.  Now this is where the cleanse comes in.....my hubs had been encouraging me to try a cleanse to help heal my body and I was kind of resistant to the idea until we stumbled upon Fat, Sick & Nearly Dead on Netflix and I watched in awe.  Seriously, I just had to give it a try and now I'm so glad and thankful to be on this journey!!!  What a whirlwind!  Now I'm down 16lbs and at 134.2lbs.  I still have 13 days to go to hit 30....crazyness!!

Anyways, I just felt led to share a little bit about what's brought me to the Reboot and how I'm feeling with 17 days done.  

Now let's fast forward to where we are now and do a little review of Day 17:

I woke at my normal time, 4:15am, but this morning it was actually cold so I threw on my new leggings ($5 from Rue 21) and one of my fav pink hoodies (the hubs and I went to San Fran on our honeymoon) and I did my Hip Hop Abs workout.  I can really see & feel a difference on the side of my stomach....it's firmer and I can actually flex a teeny muscle there now.  #Progress


After my workout, I made the hubs pancakes and an omelet, got ready for work and we headed out the door.  Here's what I wore:

White Tee- $5.99 at Ann Taylor Loft
Black Denim- $7.90 at Forever 21Studded Patent Flats- $10 at Charlotte RusseStatement Neacklace- $2.95 at CatoGold Earrings- Came in a set from MIZ Outlet, 6 sets for $5Bracelets- Charming Charlie & Cato



It's so simple to stay on track with juicing at work since I only have what I brought to eat....yes, we have an on-site cafe, but when I already have juice in my bag it's easy to make a good choice.  Having juices prepared and ready to go are seriously a time-saver and so handy!!


After work I had to run by Sprouts to stock up since on Sunday I was exhausted and just grabbed the bare minimum from a grocery store on our street that's a bit pricey.  Sprouts has great quality, super inexpensive fruits and veggies....seriously, I love it!!  Got all this for $38!


After I finished grocery shopping, I headed home, made dinner for the hubs, watched some Big Bang Theory, took a bubble bath and then fell asleep while catching up on Youtube vlogs. Nights like those are prefect, comfy, relaxing week nights. My husband has taught me so many valuable things through our marriage and one of them is how to slow down, relax and rest.  I don't always have to be on the go...running from one activity or event to the next.  It's healthy for me to chill, decompress and do 'nothing' sometimes.  How freeing is that?!

Hope y'all are all having a fabulous week!  Comment below and let me know where you like to go to stock up on your fruits and veggies....I'm always open to trying new stores.

No comments:

Post a Comment